What is this Tea Party?
The B/CS Tea Party is an independent organization, neither affiliated with nor subordinate to any other individual or organization. We do not financially support any group, other than trying to do so for ourselves. Our motto:
Teach. Empower. Act.
While the beginning of the Tea Party in general was a national tax protest (“Taxed Enough Already”), as time passed it became clear that government overspending was a symptom of a greater problem—a nation abandoning its founding principles.
Why this nation has succeeded so far:
- A reliance on our Creator (a Nation under God)
- The principles and wisdom contained in the Declaration of Independence,
- the Federalist Papers,
- the U.S. Constitution, and
- its citizens accepting their responsibility to learn and live by them
As its citizens forget our founding principles and responsibilities, and dishonorable elected officials circumvent and deny them, our nation and its future are put in increasing danger.
Therefore, the B/CS Tea Party’s priorities and purpose are:
- to provide a venue for citizens to learn constitutional solutions to current political issues,
- to cause citizens to become influential members of society, regarded as learned defenders of liberty and freedom, and
- to create a fully engaged citizenry, well-schooled in the United States Founding Documents, empowered to act in the governing of the nation and state by exercising our power and responsibility as its citizens.
Can I become a member of the B/CS Tea Party?
As an educational and advocacy organization, the B/CS Tea Party doesn’t have official “members” per se. But we invite you to consider any or all of the following:
- Come to our meetings! We meet on the third Thursday of each month at various locations—see the homepage for the next one.
- Join the B/CS Tea Party Facebook Group. It is very active and informative.
- Sign up for our informational email list. We try to limit our emails to one or two a month, and we won’t give or sell your contact info to anyone.
- Subscribe to our site updates by RSS.
How did the B/CS Tea Party get started?
The B/CS Tea Party started with the effort and support of many hundreds of individuals who are and have been part of this growing movement.
The B/CS Tea Party, as well as the Tea Party nationally, started as a protest against accelerating overstepping by the federal government of its constitutional authority.
Here in Bryan/College Station, Bryan resident Nancy Coppock saw the need for a local group, focused on this nation’s founding principles. In March of 2009 she started this website and began planning, with the help of many people also motivated to do the same, the original April 15 Tea Party event.
We are so grateful to each person who has, is, and will be part of getting this country back to its founding principles.